Art by Tsi-bi, who has also done The “Thing”!
In the beginning of August in 2016, I began to rebrand my personal blog into a queer horror community. As someone who has always loved horror, I felt there was a significant lacking in queer horror coverage as well as in showcasing queer horror creators and their particular works, some new, some old. I wanted to create a place for people to be able to share their love of horror, discuss their love of horror, as well as support the uniquely queer type of horror created by artists and writers.
Thus, on August 28 2016, I re-launched the site with Monsters Of Our Own, a piece on trans identity and monsters that continues to be extremely popular to this day. GenderTerror became it’s own special place in the queer horror world that is continuing to grow and expand.
In one year we’ve had:
- 27 unique contributors
- 15 exclusive art pieces
- 20 exclusive short stories/interviews/reviews
- 37,530 views
- 25,081 visitors
- all from all over the world from every continent (except Antarctica).
The following are the top 3 posts in each category. This does not mean there is not other fantastic work on the site! Please use these as a stepping stone if you are new here and wish to explore the wonderful area of queer horror!
Top art posts:
Top fiction posts:
- Sunflower Blood by Espi Kvlt (link contains 18+ material)
- It’s Creaking Up Above by Jacalyn
- All The Hungry Ghosts by Jade S.
Top non-fiction posts:
- Monsters of Our Own: Monster Symbolism in the Trans Community by Lucian Clark
- Queer Ghosts and Those Who Find Them: An Interview with Queer Ghost Hunters with Queer Ghost Hunters
- How to Be A Werewolf: Interview with Shawn Lenore with Shawn Lenore
And as always, none of this would have been possible without the kindness and generosity of our Patreon supporters! Without them, we would not have had as many wonderful artists, writers, and contributors for the site. It is with Patreon support that we will continue to grow.
Please check GenderTerror out on Patreon!
This week will have posts as well as ending with an exciting announcement! Please celebrate with us on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook!